So after two days of working on the dragon, he has almost been completed! To be honest I thought it would of taken longer, and would be a lot harder. I'm not the biggest fan of painting walls, but I quite enjoyed this!
It's the first time I have attempted a project of this size, and the first time I have painted a mural on the wall. So I am quite proud of the progress I have made! I certainly would like to continue work like this in the future.
I drew the dragon freehand, and then painted the dragon and outlined it with a marker. The scales were assisted by the lovely children at the school. They spent there last few days painting paper plates. I think this works well, and has really added colour and texture to the dragon. I found this idea on Iris Hill's website http://www.irishill.co.uk/ so thank you!
I also saw some of the work of Lisa Jean at the Eastleigh Sorting Office open studio. She has some amazing, colourful work.. (more on this later.)
The dragon just has to have his fabric, 3D wing added and he will be completed. This will be over a seating area for the children. Oh.. actually there will also be a fire themed curtain in the door, that you will have to walk into.
It was quite nostalgic, being in the school today, teachers leaving and children upset, moving onto new schools etc. It seems such a long time since being at school, but I certainly remember the emotions at the end of term! Excited for the summer holidays, but also daunting coming back into a new year, with new teachers! Good luck to everyone!
Now phase one of the room is completish... phase two and three can commence. Exciting!!
For the rest of this week I will be working on passport photos and another commission for the Southern Counties Costume Society!
Anyone wanting to ask me any questions, please go ahead!